Last updated: July 12, 2021
Welcome to WERZ.
These Policies are effective and were last updated as of the revision date at the beginning of the document. At any time, WERZ may revise these Policies at our sole discretion. If we make changes, we will post the revised Policies, and update the revision date above. We may, but are not required to, notify you by sending an email notification to the address associated with your account or providing notice through our Services. Revisions are effective and binding when posted on the Services. Any continued use of any of the Services following any revision means you agree to the revisions.
Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, when you sign-into the Services, you will be asked to provide your phone number. Another example is when you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you then provide us with the content of that communication. We may also collect and store your certain details of your access to and use of the app in order to provide more relevant services to you in the future.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send email about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please get in touch with us and we will unsubscribe you from our distribution list.
You may also choose to provide us with your friends’ contact information stored in your phone. Syncing your contacts means that you for instance can directly invite your contacts to your communities. We will ask your permission before syncing your contacts, but the data will always be on your phone and read each time you use a specific feature that has to do with friends’ contact info. We never store that data on our Servers.
Information we collect automatically. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities whenever you interact with the Services. This information includes:
• Your mobile device’s geographic location.
• IP addresses.
• Other technical information about your mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system).
• How long you used the Services and which services and features you used.
• The online or offline status of the Services.
The data that we collect may help us to understand your precise location.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from and about you and your use of the Services to:
• Deliver and improve the Services, including customizing the Services, researching and understanding how people use the Services, customizing services and functionality for you, and diagnosing and fixing problems.
• Contact you about the Services and related items, which you agree we can do when you provide us with your contact information.
• Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us.
Who We Share Your Information With
• Community Admins: When you choose to opt into a community you will be automatically sharing information such as Full Name, Username and Date of Birth with the Community Admins. If the Community Admins request you to share your Phone Number and Email you have the option to do so, but that will not automatically be shared.
• Platform Partners. We may share non personal and anonymously aggregated information, including location based information, with our partners, including the businesses featured on the Services and business improvement districts. Our platform partners will use your information to understand the venues, events, and areas you are interested in and to enhance the services and offers they provide to you.
• Legal Demand: In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
Your choices about collection and use of your information:
• You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of WERZ because such information may be required in order for you to take advantage of certain features. You may be able to turn off certain location services by going to your operating device settings.
• WERZ may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
• You have the ability to review and update your personal information within your WERZ profile. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
We take measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We retain personal information about you for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We may also retain your personal information for as long as you have an open account with us, or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services, and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We may retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, enforce our agreements, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us